Get 20% off a General Home Inspection for Military, Fire, Police, EMS, and Teachers
Exposure to moldy environments may cause a mixture of health effects or none at all. Some people are more sensitive to mold than others. For most individuals that are sensitive, symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes, or skin are common. Some individuals in this category, or individuals with asthma, could have more intense reactions. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) found a link between indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people. Other recent studies have suggested that children who are exposed to mold at an early age could develop asthma and respiratory allergies.
Other inspectors may only perform a tape lift. We think that is malpractice for the price they charge. We perform a complete mold inspection at IAC2 standards.
– moisture intrusion,
– water damage,
– musty odors,
– apparent mold growth, or
– conditions conducive to mold growth;
– results of a laboratory analysis of all mold samplings taken at the building
We use a whole-house air sample, and if weather permits, an outdoor sample for comparison. As with all of our services, we want to treat you like our own family; and we would not allow them to do any less than we will do for you.